For: Citrix XenDesktop PowerShell Module (64-bit). For operating system requirements, see??System Requirements??on the Citrix Product Documentation site.??
Replaces:??All previous versions
Date: November, 2015
Languages supported:??English (US), Japanese (JA), Simplified Chinese (SC)
Readme Revision History
|1.00||November, 2015||Initial release|
Important Notes about This Release
Caution!??This release may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) resolved by this release and includes installation instructions. For additional product information, including supported operating systems and system requirements, see??XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6??on the Citrix Product Documentation site.
New Fixes in This Release
After changing the Web Interface port number, Desktop Studio might incorrectly open the License upgrade prompt.
After upgrading to XenDesktop 7.6, Desktop Studio might take about three or four minutes to show the catalogs or Hosting information.
Attempts to automatically upgrade a site from XenDesktop 7.5 to XenDesktop 7.6 might fail because the "binding" property in Broker Service instances might not be compared correctly while checking between the new and already existing instances. This can result in a "service instance already registered" error. The issue occurs when trying to register the service endpoints without unregistering the existing endpoints.
After a successful XenDesktop upgrade from Version 5.x or 7.x to Version 7.6, the following error message might appear when starting Studio:
"Upgrade remaining Delivery Controllers."
This error message's details specify the license server name even though the delivery controller is not installed on the license server.
Attempts to upgrade the site to the latest product version might fail. The issue occurs when the "Set-ConfigSite" commands fails to get the new upgraded value.
If the database owner is a group in Active Directory, attempts to remove XenDesktop Controller from a site can fail.
After installing Hotfix DStudio760WX64001 you might see an Access Denied error when trying to limit the visibility of some applications to users.
This issue is limited to environments with unidirectional trust relationships between domains.
Fixes from Replaced Hotfixes
When the user clicks the machine catalog in Desktop Studio, it might take a long time for the catalogs to appear. In addition, the hosting information also takes a long time to appear.
With this enhancement, Citrix Studio shows the correct user assignment data when adding users from multiple sites in an Active Directory (AD) domain.
Attempts to configure a new site by using the XenDesktop High Level Powershell SDK command "New-XDSite" without configuring licensing and then following attempts to run the command "Get-XDSite" fail. The error message "The site has upgrade steps remaining. Run Get-XDUpgradeStatus to find out the remaining steps" appears.
If the user configures the prelaunch and lingering sessions in Citrix Studio, the "MaxTimeBeforeDisconnect" property is set to zero minutes instead of the default value 15 minutes.
The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) fails if the "Console Root" is not selected in the navigation pane when closing Desktop Studio.
When a Delivery Controller goes offline or becomes otherwise unavailable, Citrix Studio might operate slowly.
Attempts to run the Create Catalog wizard can fail. The issue occurs when one of the connected hypervisors is in Maintenance Mode.
This release adds the??-enabled??flag to the command??Set-XDLogging -AdminAddress $ControllerName -AllowDisconnectedDatabase $true.
When adding or creating a Citrix Administrator in Citrix Studio with a user or group that contains an underscore in the name, such as get\dl_lab_group, the first underscore does not appear in the details of the list of administrators. The name appears as dllab_group.
When creating a custom role for administrators, the role is created with the following error message: "The Given key was not present in the dictionary." Additionally, when starting Desktop Studio for the first time by using an administrator account, the same error message appears.
Attempts to update a delivery group with multiple desktops by using commands or in Studio fails with the following error messages:
- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Error Id: XDDS:0E01FE12
Installing This Release
- This release is packaged as a .zip file containing the replacement XDPoshModule760WX64003.msi file. For more information about deploying msi files, see??Microsoft article 884016??or visit the??Microsoft Web site??and search on keyword msiexec.
- Caution: Downgrades, also known as rollbacks, from this upgrade are not supported and might leave your systems in an unstable state. This upgrade does not patch the existing installation - it fully replaces it with a new installation. As a result, uninstalling this package removes the entire component from the computer. If the need arises to revert to an earlier version of the product, you must uninstall this package and then reinstall the earlier version of the product. Reverting to an earlier version of the product might result in the loss of settings you configure while this upgrade is installed.
- To install this package successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
- This hotfix might or might not prompt you to restart the server when the installation or uninstallation is complete. You must restart the server for the installation to complete.
- If the need arises to restore the original settings and functionality provided by this hotfix, you must uninstall the hotfix before reinstalling it according to the installation instructions below.
To install this hotfix:
- Copy the file to a shared folder on the network.
- Extract the compressed file and save the XDPoshModule760WX64003.msi file on the computer you want to update.
- Run the .msi file.
- Restart the computer.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- From the??Start??menu, select??Settings??>??Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click??Programs and Features.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to remove and click??Uninstall.
- Follow the directions on-screen.